More in News
Amateur photo exhibit, contest
ANDOVER -- The Andover photography contest will be exhibited on Saturday, Aug. 6, downstairs in the town hall.
Photographs are placed into four subject groups.
Group A -- Portrait; Animal and Landscape color prints for photographers, 17 and older.
Group B & C -- separated for photographers 16 years and younger.
Group D -- Black and white prints for persons 17 years and older. Please ready the rules 1-6 below.
A -- 17 years and older color prints.
B -- 11 to 16 years, color and black and white.
C -- 10 years and under, color and black and white.
D -- 17 years and older, black and white prints.
There are 147 ribbons awarded, including one for Best of Show, six are Grand Prizes. There are also first, second, third prizes and honorable mention awards.
Judging is based on composition, subject matter, artistry, clarity and demonstrative. All photographs must be submitted at the Andover Town Hall no later than Wednesday, Aug. 3. This is strictly enforced, no exceptions.
Photographs can be submitted from 1-4 p.m. Saturday, 5-7 p.m. on Monday and 4-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 3.
Rules for entry
1. Each photograph will have name and address visibly printed on back of photograph, with age if under 17.
2. No photograph accepted with photo on photo side.
3. Only three photographs in any one subject per person.
4. No professionals please. This is strictly for amateurs.
5. If you've already won a first place ribbon in any of these past exbihits, do not submit that photograph again. Framed or matted photographs do not enhance the judging, but it does compliment the exhibit. No photographs larger than 16x20 inches.
6. All photographs must be picked up by 3:30 p.m. on Aug. 6. They can be retrieved from 3-3:30 p.m.