More in News
Soil & Water District photo contest
SOUTH PARIS -- The Oxford County Soil & Water District is holding a photo contest. They are looking for your best conservation photo to grace the cover of this year’s annual report.
The photo must fall under the category of conservation, but may be any one of agriculture, forestry, soil and water.
One winner will be selected. First prize will be an agricultural package of great items provided by Aubuchon Hardware, Paris Farmers Union and Tractor Supply. Three honorable mention winners will also be selected, but will not receive prizes. All winning photos will receive media publicity will be framed and displayed at the annual meeting held later this year.
1. Photos must be submitted in electronic format (jpeg) to email@example.com. No printed photos will be accepted. Each photo must be named and e-mailed according to photo file name guidelines below.
2. Photo files must be named by last name and simple photo description: ie: Smith-South Paris
Tip: to rename or label your photo, right click the photo and choose re-name.
3. For each photo submission, the subject line of the e-mail must be the same as the photo file name, ie: Smith-South Paris. Please do not add anything else in the subject line.
4. Print the photo release form (and model release form, if needed ) from our website, www.oxfordsw cd.net, sign and either drop-off or mail to (do not e-mail): Oxford County Soil & Water Conservation District, c/o Jean E. Federico, 17 Olson Rd., Suite 17, South Paris, ME 04281.
5. Minor digital enhancements for cropping, red-eye removal, filters and corrective functions are permitted, but images that have been judged to be altered in any significant manner will be disqualified. Contestants are not permitted to place borders, frames or backgrounds around their images or to place watermarks, dates, signatures or copyright images onto photos.
6. Do not send reproductions from a printed publication. Previously published photos are not eligible for the OCSWCD contest.
7. All entries become the property of OCSWCD and OCSWCD reserves the non-exclusive right to use all photographs in publications for promotional purposes.
Please enter only one photo. You must complete an entry form and photo release. Any photo without an entry form and signed release will not be considered for the contest.
Photographs that include recognizable people must include a signed model release form before the photograph will be accepted into the photo contest and displayed. A parent or guardian must consent for people under 18 years old. The model release form must be attached to the photo entry form that you send through the mail. The model/portrait release form is included in the entry form information.
Photos will be judged on technical merit and composition. For technical merit, judges may check to see if the photo is well-framed, properly exposed and sharp and clear. For composition, judges determine if the photo features a recognizable center of interest, action and imagination and creativity.
All ages are encouraged to submit photos. The final date for photo entries will be March 15.